LAMFT is pleased to announce that AAMFT is now offering a new benefit to student members — free student liability insurance!
Now, when a student renews his/her yearly membership, he/she will also be renewing his/her student liability insurance at no additional charge. CPH will automatically be issuing policies to all current members based on your membership expiration date from the weekly list provided to CPH by AAMFT.
Some key points about this program:
- Coverage is available to AAMFT student members solely while performing marriage and family therapy services related to their Master’s degree or Doctoral degree in marriage and family curriculum. Coverage terminates when the student graduates from the program, or their AAMFT membership is terminated. The AAMFT membership expiration date is the policy expiration date.
- This policy will pay for defense against covered claims and provide professional liability limits up to $1,000,000 per claim, and a $3,000,000 annual aggregate.
- AAMFT students are eligible for coverage when you are enrolled and engaged in clinical Master’s degree or clinical Doctoral degree at a post secondary institution.
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists, or other licensed professionals, are not eligible for coverage under this policy. Neither are those who are Post Masters or Post Doctoral working under supervision towards a license. CPH and Associates offers Post-masters and Post-doctoral coverage at a discounted rate.
- The AAMFT student policy is written on an occurrence form. An occurrence policy provides lifetime coverage for the policy period.
- If a current student has already renewed their liability insurance, the benefit will take effect, upon payment of your next membership renewal.
- For student members that have already purchased a policy with us on their own, they can contact CPH in writing to cancel that policy as they will have free coverage under the AAMFT program. In this case, you will then be provided a pro-rated refund.
LAMFT and AAMFT are very excited about this new student member benefit. We feel that this is indeed member service at its finest. Please share the news with other MFT and potential MFT students.
For more information, please visit CPH at http://www.cphins.com/