Would you like to be more involved with LAMFT? Do you know someone who would be a great addition to the LAMFT Board of Directors? If so, here’s your chance to nominate yourself or that other person!
The following positions are open for nomination:
Board of Directors – Term of 2 years (two elected). Open to AAMFT Clinical Members ONLY.
Student/Associate Representative – Term of 1 year (one elected). Open to AAMFT Student or Associate Members ONLY.
Elections Committee Members – Term of two years (one elected). Open to AAMFT Clinical Members ONLY.
The LAMFT Elections Committee is looking for hardworking, dedicated members to represent the Louisiana Division of the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy. The Board of Directors and Elections Committee seek the following qualifications in nominees:
- Hardworking and Dedicated to the MFT Profession.
- Leadership experience.
- A willingness and ability to complete assignments and projects.
- The ability to gather and integrate information, work towards a consensus, and make decisions.
- Knowledge and/or experience at some level of leadership.
- Must be licensed as a Marriage and Family Therapist in LA (Clinical Members).
- If student, must be enrolled in an MFT program (Student Members).
- Comfort and ability to work with issues of diversity.
- Organizational leadership experience.
- All positions must vacate from any level of governance in other state and national mental health professional associations (e.g. chapter, division, state, or national boards).
- The ability, as well as commitment, to communicate via email on a regular basis.
- All positions must be willing to travel to Board meetings and functions.
- Must be member of AAMFT and LAMFT.